Friday, September 4, 2009

Labels we don't have to live with

I have been thinking about this a lot in the last 2 months. I want to thank you Tammy for having the words to say what I couldn't. I know you wrote this ages ago but I just refound it and wanted to post it here. Thanks again.

labels

"Do we all have our scripts down pat?

Does every member of every family have a label & expectation attached to it, or is it just my family?

Is there any way to break free from the labels we've been assigned?

Is it easier to just accept the labels and be what others want us to be?

Can we ever be true to ourselves if we are not allowed to be ourselves?

Remove me from the Label Program; I resign.....I am no longer a member. I'm done being the person I've been expected to be for 40 years. I am TAMMY. And that is just fine with me."

-Tammy of Laugh, Live, Learn, Love

1 comment:

Tammy said...

You're welcome!

I think letting go of labels is definitely a process...at least for me it is. A good process, though. :)